Curriculum by year
Use the links below to view our Drama curriculum for each year group.
At SFX our students think like a performer because...
they use their acting skills to portray several convincing characters. Pupils will draw on their knowledge of dramatic genres and styles to create unique devised productions. They are reflective practitioners, critically evaluating their own work and the work of others to widen their skills in order to improve their performance.
Recent research used to inform practices in Drama
- Kate Jones – Retrieval Practice
- Drama-specific pedagogy – Matthew Nichols
- Performance strategies – National Theatre
- Frantic Assembly Guide to Devising
- The Paper Birds Structuring Devised Performance
In Drama all pupils will gain the confidence to perform and express themselves. We aim to give them the courage to face things that are challenging and to grasp opportunities to perform in our extra-curricular productions. Pupils will be able to explore compassion for others through the study of characters and will be equipped with the performance skills needed to step into someone else’s shoes. We hope pupils will serve others through the communication skills they develop in drama and will use these for the greater good of the world.
Whole school visions
Use the links below to view our whole school vision and curriculum vision.
- Miss C Smith - Curriculum Lead
- GCSE Drama - AQA
- Lower School Drama Club (Y7-8)
- Upper School Drama Club (Y9-11)
- Drama rehearsals (lunch and after-school)
- Performance of musical (Biennial)
- Christmas performance (annual)
- SFX Factor (annual)
- School services (termly and Saint Francis Xavier Feast Day)
- Special performances (eg: WW1 centenary)