TrusteesFor information on out trust’s members, board of trustees, committees and local governing bodies please visit SMCCAT.Visit SMCCAT trustees
Local Governing body
The role of the Local Governing Body (LGB) is to challenge and support the leadership of our school.
At St Francis Xavier the LGB play a key role in shaping how strategy translates into policy and practice. From September 2021 a link governor(s) oversees each of the following areas
- Quality of Education
- Pupil Premium
- Leadership and Management
- Personal Development
- Behaviour and Attitudes
The link governors meet with members of staff, parents, and pupils to gain a deep understanding of each area and triangulate findings before reporting back to the wider LGB.
Governors also take part in an annual ‘Immersion Day’ in school which focuses on key priorities.
The LGB is a subcommittee of the St Margaret Clitherow Trust board.
Governors and roles
- Sarah Everitt - Foundation Governor RC
- Emma Farrelly - Parent Governor
- Revd Martin Fletcher - Foundation Governor CofE
Very Rev. Canon Michael Loughlin - Foundation Governor RC
- Stuart McGhee - Headteacher
- Mike Morrison - Foundation Governor RC
- Catherine Perry - Foundation Governor CofE
- Emma Simpson - Staff Governor
- Annette Sowden - Foundation Governor RC
- Jill Stockdale - Foundation Governor CofE
- Dr Jim Whiston - Foundation Governor RC
- Nigel Wilford - Parent Governor
The Chair of Governors, Dr Jim Whiston, is a member of the St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust Board. He can be contacted at email@example.com or in writing to the school postal address.